21 Aug Marianne E. Bertuna Esq
DUI / DWI
Real Estate – Commercial / Residential
Estate Probate and Administration in Surrogate’s Court NYC
Marianne Bertuna is one of the rising stars in the New York legal community, having first been selected several years ago by Super Lawyers magazine as an attorney who stands out among her peers. A named partner in Aidala, Bertuna, & Kamins, Ms. Bertuna has carved out a well recognized expertise to represent those individuals who are arrested for driving under the influence of alcohol and drugs. She has been recognized as one of the top 100 attorneys in this field by the National Academy for DUI Defense.
Ms. Bertuna also has an expertise in the fields of estate and surrogate matters, complex real estate matters, as well as business and consumer issues.
Despite her busy caseload, Ms. Bertuna finds time to serve in important roles in court agencies and bar associations. She is the Past President of the Columbian Lawyers Association (1st Judicial Department), a member of the Attorney Grievance Committee of the Appellate Division, Second Department, and she serves as a trustee at various bar associations and local school boards.
Her single and most important goal as an attorney is helping clients. As she has been quoted in the past, ” I am fueled by helping others. I appreciate the trust a client places in me and I will use all of my ability and energy as an attorney to ensure that my client’s trust is well placed.”
Ms. Bertuna received a Juris Doctor from New York Law School in 2001.
Ms. Bertuna graduated from Georgetown University in 1998 with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Business and French.
Working knowledge of Italian and French languages.
HONORS AND AWARDS:
- Top Women Attorneys In New York Rising Stars – The New York Times Magazine – May 2014
- Top 100 DWI Attorneys State of New York – The National Advocacy of DUI Defense, LLC
- Super Lawyers Rising Stars, 2012 – 2013
- Lawyers of Distinction, 2021
- New York State Bar
- New Jersey State Bar
- Federal Court Eastern District – United States District Court Admission to Eastern District of New York
- Federal Court Southern District – United States District Court Admission to Southern District of New York
- Supreme Court of the United States, May 16, 2016
- Past President of the Columbian Lawyers Association, 1st Judicial Department (Manhattan and The Bronx)
- Grievance Committee Columbian Lawyers Association, 2nd Judicial Department (Brooklyn)
- Chair of Charles A. Rapallo and Justice Antonin Scalia Awards Luncheon, presented by the Columbian Lawyers Association, 1st Judicial Department
- Board of Governors for Poly Prep Country Day School
- Member of the Board of Trustees for Brooklyn Bar Association
- Member of the Board for Kings County Criminal Bar Association