When Judge Kamins reviews your case, he will start by assessing the nature of the allegations against you. These allegations could include:
• Neglecting a case
• Not returning phone calls or failing to keep in touch with clients
• Escrow violations when handling client funds
• Misconduct in court (inappropriate language or contempt)
• Lack of competent representation, such as missing a filing deadline
• Failure to perform work as outlined in a retainer agreement
Of course, the particular facts will vary, depending on your circumstances. The main thing right now is finding the right advocate to help you respond.
Judge Kamins can also assist you if you are having difficulty with the Character and Fitness Committee in gaining admission to the New York Bar.